Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Spin on Journaling

This is my first time to ever blog! There are so many reasons I wanted to start this blog but I would have to guess the main one is because I am starting a new chapter in my life. I am getting married next fall and it has put me into a realization that I am starting a family soon.  I will be completely sharing my life with someone else.  Although, I have always assumed I would get married, I never fully grasped the idea of the sharing my space and things with someone else. It is making me a different person.  I have always been giving but, I have always been so selfish when it comes to personal matters.  My posts will reflect what I am doing, feeling, and how I am growing.  

I assume this journey I am putting myself through is the perfect opportunity for me to share more pieces of myself with people.  I don't like to tell everyone all of my business but, this is a way that I can get some things out without having to send a mass text or e-mail. I have the freedom of anonymity until people in  my life find this page.  Those that want to read it can subscribe and follow all my posts and can always come back to it even when we grow apart.  It will be an honest blog and one that I will write with no shame.

I wanted to start this because I do want to journal my life up to the wedding date and show off the do-it-yourself aspects I am trying out. (I am really excited about them!)  I did not however, want it to be just a blog about my wedding details.  I mean, that could bore someone to death (I read them all the time right now) and I really don't think any of my friends would want to read about it as much as I probably talk about it.  I am very excited to be getting married and it does tend to consume my thoughts but, I am more than just a "bride to be." I want to start here and continue blogging for years to come.  I want to take my journey more publicly (but, not too publicly. I don't think I will ever not be a somewhat private person.)

Another reason, I wanted to start this was so I can show it to my children one day.  I want them to read my life  that is leading up to them.  I will be keeping a more intimate journal on my personal computer but, this is one that they can read as well to correlate the times of these posts with the journal.  I want them to know everything I can think of right now to tell them but, I may forget later in life.  I want them to know how I am now and how much I loved them before they were even born.

This is my journey in words. 

I am not a great writer but, I hope you can enjoy your time here regardless.


No comments:

Post a Comment