Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November 27, 2011

This is the date that Lucas got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.  My fiance is not the most romantic guy.  It is something I have learned and I am working on not asking him to be (at least not so often). =)  (I am also documenting this because we kind of forgot the exact date we became official.  It was a pretty rough time for me and so we decided we would say August 12th.)


It was just a random point in the day.  We were going to take the beasts (my dogs) to a friend's house so they could play with their dogs.  He went to the store and got the ring and when he got back he told me to close my eyes.  When I opened them he was on one knee and he asked me to marry him.  It was very exciting! (He thought that I wanted the ring so that I could look at it all the time but, I look at it more of a "stay away from me" ring.  It is also something I can look at and be reminded of him all the time.)

Lucas then had dinner with my mom the following Thursday while I was away in Chicago.  She was very excited to hear the news and welcomes Lucas with open arms.  She is also upset that I did not show her the ring before I left.  (I blame it on Lucas for not having the dinner earlier.) 

Lucas' dad gave me a kiss on the forehead (which I think are the sweetest kisses) when he saw me and his brother and sister are very welcoming of me.  Even some of his extended family seemed happy.  (I have only met them once before.) 

Everyone has so much advice to give and it gets tiring but, I know that most of the time it comes from a good place. We have faced some adversity throughout this relationship and I am sure we will continue to do so but, I am glad that we have faced it together because it has solidified us.  I am glad that no matter what I face he will be beside me.  We may make some mistakes along the way but, I know we will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have no advice to give you, and that is because I go to you for all my advice! And you're great at it!

    I love you, I love Lucas, I'm so excited for you guys and the ring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Shavonne! I'm looking forward to checking out that ring the next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete