Friday, December 30, 2011

Reading is Fun!

I used to be the girl who read ALL the time!  I was never without a book.  I did the "Book-It" challenges from Pizza Hut and the summer library reading challenges.  I am not sure when that ended but, I am ready to put some reading back into my life. 



I read about eight books this year and that was good for me considering the fact, I was probably reading one book a year before that.  There were some books I couldn't put down and there were some that I actually did.  This year I am going to challenge myself to keep reading those books because sometimes they actually get better.  I just have to make it past the first however many pages.... Blech!By doing this, at least I can tell a person why I absolutely hated a book or that it had a really slow beginning.

I think reading will really compliment my lifestyle. It will get my brain working again and step up my vocabulary game.  It will be something to do when I am "bored."  (You know those first world problems we always have.)  When the spring is here it will be nice to sit on my porch or in my backyard and read while my dogs play outside. 

I am doing Courtney's 15,000 pages challenge and Kate's "Read Your Name" Challenge. I am challenging myself to finish books I start. I encourage others to do the same!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! More competition in Courtney's challenge! *Laughs maniacally and wrings hands* But really, it's great to hear that you are challenging yourself! I did those Book It! things in elementary school, too! They were awesome! (Did we talk about this before? I feel like I've talked about Book It! with someone recently. Oh, well.) And I had the same kind of thing like you - I read a whole lot as a kid and then I just didn't anymore. I read books for school, and then came Harry Potter. Those really put me back into the swing of things. But I still was only reading a few books a year. And then in 2010 I decided I wanted to read more, and I read 30 books! So last year I challenged myself to read 35, and I ended up reading 76! All you have to do is make it a priority and you can accomplish anything! Goooo, Shavonne! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete